We're here to serve your needs.
Whether online or in person, there are many ways to pay your SMUD bill.
Pay your electric bill at a SMUD pay station location
- Payments can be made with cash, check or money order (Walmart locations only accept cash and pin-based debit transactions)
- Credit cards are not accepted
- Payments will post to your account on your payment date
Find a pay station near you
Enter your starting address
Bank bill pay
Make payments from your checking or savings account using your bank's website. Contact your bank to see if this is a service they offer.
Call us toll-free at 1-888-742-7683 to make a payment. Our automated system is available 24 hours a day for residential customers. Representatives are available to take eCheck payments Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
To pay by mail, write your account number on your check, include your payment stub and send to:
P.O. Box 15555
Sacramento, CA 95852-1555
Visit our Customer Service Center lobby to make payments in person.
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
You can make payments to SMUD automatically from your checking or savings account, saving you the cost of postage and checks.
To sign up:
- Complete the EFT application form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach a voided check from your checking account or include the savings account number and the American Banker Association number (ABA#).
- Mail to:
EFT, M.S. A253
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
Please do not include payment in the same envelope with your EFT application.
- Please continue paying your electric bill or energy efficiency loan until you receive a bill showing Bank will pay on (date and amount). You will continue receiving your monthly statement, but your bank will automatically pay it.
- We will confirm your enrollment in the program within six to eight weeks of signing up.
For information about electronic transfer, email EFTquestions@smud.org.
Make loan payments using the following accepted payment methods.
If you are 62 years of age or older, we’ll make an extra effort to contact you before disconnecting your service for non-payment. Call 1-888-742-7683 to enroll.
If you are 62 years of age or older, this program lets you designate a friend or relative for us to contact before disconnecting your service for non-payment. For more information, please call 1-888-742-7683.
Foreign language services
We provide answers to all your billing questions.
Report a problem
We believe in the power of working together to achieve greater results.
Keeping employees, customers and our community safe is a top priority at SMUD. Our customers are our owners, so we all have a stake in keeping watch in our neighborhoods and avoiding unnecessary costs due to theft or damage.
You can help by submitting a report for the following incidents: