We're here to serve your needs.
Whether it's online, in person or when you're out and about, there are many ways to pay your SMUD bill.
Pay your electric bill at a SMUD pay station location
- Payments can be made with cash, check or money order (Walmart locations only accept cash and pin-based debit transactions)
- Credit cards are not accepted
- It normally takes two days for a payment made at a pay station to post with us
Verify your payment
- If you need your payment posted immediately, please visit our main office at 6301 S Street
- If your service is disconnected and you need to contact us to verify that a
pay station payment has been posted, please call and provide the following
- SMUD Account Number
- Pay Station Terminal ID
- Pay Station Receipt Number
SMUD Customer Care phone service: Monday - Friday, 7 AM to 7 PM
For residential customers (English): 1-888-742-7683
For residential customers (Español): 1-866-651-4420
For business customers (English): 1-877-622-7683
Authorized pay station locations
(Always call the pay station before visiting to verify days and hours of operation.)
Antelope: 1 Locations
Carmichael: 1 Location
Citrus Heights: 2 Locations
Elk Grove: 3 Locations
Fair Oaks: 2 Locations
Folsom: 1 Location
Foothill Farms: 1 Location
Galt: 2 Locations
North Highlands: 1 Location
North Sacramento: 2 Locations
Orangevale: 1 Location
Rancho Cordova: 1 Location
Rio Linda: 1 Location
Roseville: 2 Locations
Sacramento and vicinity
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM
24-hour payment box near front entrance
Walmart - MAP
2700 Marconi Ave. (Fulton and Marconi)
Sacramento, CA 95821
Bank bill pay
Make payments from your checking or savings account using your bank's website.
Pay by phone
Call us toll-free at 1-888-742-7683 to authorize a payment. Our automated system is available 24 hours a day for residential customers. Representatives are available to take echeck payments Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
Pay by mail
To pay by mail, write your account number on your check, include your payment stub and send to:
P.O. Box 15555
Pay in person
Visit us at our Customer Service Center lobby to make payments in person.
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Electronic funds transfer
You can make payments to SMUD automatically from your checking or savings account, saving you the cost of postage and checks.
To sign up:
- Complete the online application form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach a voided check from your checking account or the savings account number and the American Banker Association number (ABA#).
- Mail to:
EFT, M.S. A253
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
Please do not include payment in the same envelope with your EFT application.
- Please continue paying your electric bill or energy efficiency loan until you receive a bill showing Bank will pay on (date and amount). You will continue receiving your monthly statement, but your bank will automatically pay it.
- We will confirm your enrollment in the program within six to eight weeks of signing up.
- Customers who move will be mailed a closing electric bill for payment. Closing electric bills cannot be paid electronically.
For information about electronic transfer, email EFTquestions@smud.org.
If you are 62 years of age or older, we’ll make an extra effort to contact you before disconnecting your service for non-payment.
If you are 62 years of age or older, this program lets you designate a friend or relative for us to contact before disconnecting your service for non-payment.
For more information, please call 1-888-742-7683.
Foreign language services
Make loan payments using the following accepted payment methods.
|My Account||Pay with: eCheck|
|Pay Online as Guest||Pay with: eCheck|
|By Mail||Pay with: check, money order|
|In Person||Pay with: check, money order, cash|
We provide answers to all your billing questions.
Report a problem
We believe in the power of working together to achieve greater results.
Power theft is a crime. It can create safety hazards and it costs money. At SMUD, our customers are our owners, so we all have a stake in preventing power theft. Click here to report power theft.
Keep our lineworkers safe and our environment clean.
- Customer phone and email service: Monday - Friday, 7 AM- 7 PM
- Customer lobby service: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Business offices: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5PM
Customer Service Center
6301 S St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
Use this one stop solution to connect your phone, cable, internet and more.