We're here to serve your needs.
Whether it's online, in person or when you're out and about, there are many ways to pay your SMUD bill.
Pay your electric bill at a SMUD pay station location
- Payments can be made with cash, check or money order (Walmart locations only accept cash and pin-based debit transactions)
- Credit cards are not accepted
- It normally takes two days for a payment made at a pay station to post with us
How to verify your payment
- If you need your payment posted immediately, please visit our main office at 6301 S Street
- If your service is disconnected and you need to contact us to verify that a
pay station payment has been posted, please call and provide the following
- SMUD Account Number
- Pay Station Terminal ID
- Pay Station Receipt Number
SMUD Customer Care phone service: Monday - Friday, 7 AM to 7 PM
For residential customers (English): 1-888-742-7683
For residential customers (Español): 1-866-651-4420
For business customers (English): 1-877-622-7683
Authorized pay station locations
(Always call the pay station before visiting to verify days and hours of operation.)
Antelope: 1 Locations
Carmichael: 1 Location
Citrus Heights: 3 Locations
Elk Grove: 3 Locations
Fair Oaks: 2 Locations
Folsom: 1 Location
Foothill Farms: 1 Location
Galt: 2 Locations
North Highlands: 1 Location
North Sacramento: 2 Locations
Orangevale: 1 Location
Rancho Cordova: 1 Location
Rio Linda: 1 Location
Roseville: 2 Locations
Sacramento and vicinity
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM
24-hour payment box near front entrance
Bank bill pay
Make payments from your checking or savings account using your bank's website.
Pay by phone
Call us toll-free at 1-888-742-7683 to authorize a payment. Our automated system is available 24 hours a day for residential customers. Representatives are available to take echeck payments Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
Pay by mail
To pay by mail, write your account number on your check, include your payment stub and send to:
P.O. Box 15555
Pay in person
Visit us at our Customer Service Center lobby to make payments in person.
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Electronic funds transfer
You can make payments to SMUD automatically from your checking or savings account, saving you the cost of postage and checks.
To sign up:
- Complete the online application form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach a voided check from your checking account or the savings account number and the American Banker Association number (ABA#).
- Mail to:
EFT, M.S. A253
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
Please do not include payment in the same envelope with your EFT application.
- Please continue paying your electric bill or energy efficiency loan until you receive a bill showing Bank will pay on (date and amount). You will continue receiving your monthly statement, but your bank will automatically pay it.
- We will confirm your enrollment in the program within six to eight weeks of signing up.
- Customers who move will be mailed a closing electric bill for payment. Closing electric bills cannot be paid electronically.
For information about electronic transfer, email EFTquestions@smud.org.
Foreign language services
Make loan payments using the following accepted payment methods.
|My Account||Pay with: eCheck|
|Pay Online as Guest||Pay with: eCheck|
|By Mail||Pay with: check, money order|
|In Person||Pay with: check, money order, cash|
We provide answers to all your billing questions.
Report a problem
We believe in the power of working together to achieve greater results.
Power theft is a crime. It can create safety hazards and it costs money. At SMUD, our customers are our owners, so we all have a stake in preventing power theft. Click here to report power theft.
Keep our lineworkers safe and our environment clean.
- Customer phone and email service: Monday - Friday, 7 AM- 7 PM
- Customer lobby service: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
- Business offices: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5PM
Customer Service Center
6301 S St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
Contact us securely for billing and payment information by logging into My Account below.
For general inquiries:
- Residential customers (English): 1-888-742-7683
- Residential customers (Español): 1-866-651-4420
- Business customers: 1-877-622-7683
- TTY for the hearing impaired: 1-916-732-6630; after business hours, 1-916-732-5596.
Report a problem
- Outages: 1-888-456-7683
- Downed or damaged power lines or poles: 1-888-456-7683 or 911
- Power theft: 1-916-732-6594 or report a power theft (on the Email tab).
- Graffiti on SMUD equipment: 1-916-732-6043
- Moving connections: 1-888-742-7683 More info
- Construction services: 1-916-732-5700 More info
- Call before you dig: call 811 or go online to www.Call811.com
Energy efficiency loan contacts
Business office hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.