We're here to serve your needs.
Whether it's online, in person or when you're out and about, there are many ways to pay your SMUD bill.
Pay your electric bill at a SMUD pay station location
- Payments can be made with cash, check or money order (Walmart locations only accept cash and pin-based debit transactions)
- Credit cards are not accepted
- Payments will post to your account on your payment date
Find a pay station near you
Enter your starting address
Bank bill pay
Make payments from your checking or savings account using your bank's website.
Pay by phone
Call us toll-free at 1-888-742-7683 to authorize a payment. Our automated system is available 24 hours a day for residential customers. Representatives are available to take echeck payments Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
Pay by mail
To pay by mail, write your account number on your check, include your payment stub and send to:
P.O. Box 15555
Pay in person
Visit us at our Customer Service Center lobby to make payments in person.
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Electronic funds transfer
You can make payments to SMUD automatically from your checking or savings account, saving you the cost of postage and checks.
To sign up:
- Complete the online application form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach a voided check from your checking account or the savings account number and the American Banker Association number (ABA#).
- Mail to:
EFT, M.S. A253
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
Please do not include payment in the same envelope with your EFT application.
- Please continue paying your electric bill or energy efficiency loan until you receive a bill showing Bank will pay on (date and amount). You will continue receiving your monthly statement, but your bank will automatically pay it.
- We will confirm your enrollment in the program within six to eight weeks of signing up.
- Customers who move will be mailed a closing electric bill for payment. Closing electric bills cannot be paid electronically.
For information about electronic transfer, email EFTquestions@smud.org.
If you are 62 years of age or older, we’ll make an extra effort to contact you before disconnecting your service for non-payment.
If you are 62 years of age or older, this program lets you designate a friend or relative for us to contact before disconnecting your service for non-payment.
For more information, please call 1-888-742-7683.
Foreign language services
Make loan payments using the following accepted payment methods.
|My Account||Pay with: eCheck|
|Pay Online as Guest||Pay with: eCheck|
|By Mail||Pay with: check, money order|
|In Person||Pay with: check, money order, cash|
We provide answers to all your billing questions.
Report a problem
We believe in the power of working together to achieve greater results.
Keeping employees, customers and our community safe is a top priority at SMUD. Our customers are our owners, so we all have a stake in keeping watch in our neighborhoods and avoiding unnecessary costs due to theft or damage.
You can help by submitting a report for the following incidents:
- Customer phone and email service: Monday - Friday, 7 AM - 7 PM
- Business offices: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5PM
Customer Service Center
6301 S St.
Sacramento, CA 95817