Meet Charlotte

See how her family benefited from EnergyHELP contributions.

"I thought SMUD was pretty awesome at that point because I had
always been paying them, and here they were helping me."

See ways to contribute

As little as $1 a month.

How it works

By contributing to EnergyHELP, you'll help program recipients pay their electric bill and access additional services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare.

You determine the amount you can give each month. We'll include your tax-deductible* donation as a separate line item on you SMUD bill.
You choose the charity partner the recipient will partner with to pay their electric bill and get additional services.
Simply include your donation with your usual SMUD payment - no separate check to write, no separate envelope to mail. 

Make our community brighter



households received assistance since 2004

100 %

of donations going directly to charity partners


SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP



Sac Food Bank Family              Folsom Cordova logo              LAO Family Comm Dev logo              Community Resource Project              Travelers Aid Emergency              The Salvation Army


100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the program
charity partner you choose.

Our partners help with food, clothing and career development.


Set up your contribution

3 ways to get started

Contribute as little as $1 a month.

My Account

Enrolling through My Account is fast and easy. Sign in using the button below and we'll direct you to the enrollment page.

Contribute in My Account

Online form

When you complete our enrollment form, your details are sent to a customer representative and they set up the enrollment for you.

Go to enrollment form

One time donation

Customers and non-customers alike can contribute by sending a check, cashier's check or money order to:

SMUD Agency Desk, MS A104
Attn: EnergyHELP
PO Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852

*Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.