How it works
By contributing to EnergyHELP, 100% of your donation goes towards helping a qualified customer pay their electric bill.
Sign up for Energy HELP
Complete the form below to start helping your community.
Please enroll me in EnergyHELP
Customers and non-customers alike can contribute by sending a check, cashier's check or money order to:
SMUD Agency Desk, MS A104
PO Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852
If you’re looking for bill assistance, you may qualify
for our Energy Assistance Program Rate.
Make our community brighter
households received assistance since 2004
of donations go to charity partners
SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP
A recent recipient shared how EnergyHELP helped him during hard times:
“Please let everyone know I am very thankful. Thank you to all who donate and are part of this program.
I am a senior on a set income and with rent being so high, I barely have any money left.”
Learn more about EnergyHELP
Answers to common questions
What are the recipient eligibility requirements?
Those who are eligible are:
- At risk of disconnect in the next few days.
- Enrolled in our low-income Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR).
- In need of funds up to $200 to prevent them from disconnection.
How are recipients selected?
- A list of eligible recipients is generated systematically each morning.
- From that list, and based on the amount of funds available, a subset of recipients are selected via a lottery system.
- Starting at 8 AM Tuesday - Friday, the program team calls eligible recipients from the list until the available appointments are filled.
How many appointments are available?
The number of appointments vary based on the amount of donations collected. In 2021, 4,048 customers received assistance through EnergyHELP.
How are donations allocated?
Donors can choose either:
- One of our six participating agency partners
- Or allow SMUD to choose which agency partner to apply donation
All donated funds are distributed to SMUD customers in need through six charities:
- The Salvation Army
- Sacramento Food Bank Services
- Travelers Aid
- Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
- Community Resource Project
- Lao Family Community Development
These organizations were chosen through a competitive bid process and meet SMUD's strict requirements for experience in efficiently serving people in need throughout the Sacramento area.
How is my donation money spent?
100% of your donations are used to pay the recipient’s energy bill. SMUD pays the participating EnergyHELP agency partners' administrative fees.
What is the maximum commitment amount a recipient can receive?
Those eligible can receive up to $200 in a 12-month period.
What other services do the agency partners help with?
- Job hunting
- Job training
- Translation services
Is there a digital payment option?
Currently there is not a digital payment option available. That option is under review.