EnergyHELP makes our community brighter.
Help our neighbors in need keep their lights on.
By contributing to EnergyHELP, you’ll help program recipients pay their electric bill and access additional services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare. 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to one of our program charity partners of your choice: Sacramento Food Bank, The Salvation Army, The Folsom Cordova Community Partnership or Travelers Aid.
- You determine the amount you can give each month—even one dollar can help.
- You choose the charity partner the recipient will partner with to pay their electric bill and get additional services.
- We’ll include your donation as a separate line-item on your SMUD bill.
- You’ll simply include your donation with your usual SMUD payment - no separate check to write, no separate envelope to mail.
- Your contributions are tax-deductible.*
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice.
*Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.
Watch how you've helped
of donations going directly to charity partners
SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP
households received assistance since 2004
Enroll in EnergyHELP
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice.*
There are two ways to start helping our community:
Complete the form below: