EnergyHELP makes our community brighter
By contributing to EnergyHELP, you’ll help program recipients pay their electric bill and access additional services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare.
100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to one of our program charity partners of your choice:
- Community Resource Project
- Folsom Cordova Community Partnership
- LAO Family Community Development Inc.
- Sacramento Food Bank
- The Salvation Army, or Travelers Aid.
Help brighten the holidays for those in need
This holiday season, shopping on SMUDEnergyStore.com will do even more than save you energy and money. For every item purchased from Nov. 1 – Dec. 31, we’ll donate $10 to SMUD’s EnergyHELP program, which helps customers in need pay their electric bill and access essential services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare. Plus, for each energy-saving advanced power strip sold, we’ll donate one to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento. Shop SMUD Energy Store
See how you've helped
- You determine the amount you can give each month—even one dollar can help.
- You choose the charity partner the recipient will partner with to pay their electric bill and get additional services.
- We’ll include your donation as a separate line-item on your SMUD bill.
- You’ll simply include your donation with your usual SMUD payment - no separate check to write, no separate envelope to mail.
- Your contributions are tax-deductible.*
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice.
*Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.
of donations going directly to charity partners
SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP
households received assistance since 2004
Enroll in EnergyHELP
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity of your choice.*
There are 2 ways to start helping our community:
Complete the form below: