Give the gift of energy
For just $1 a month, you can help local families keep the lights on through our EnergyHELP program!
Every day, many Sacramento-area families struggle to pay the rent, keep food on the table, and keep the lights on at home. SMUD’s EnergyHELP makes it easy to bring fresh starts and hope to our neighbors in need.
- You determine the amount you can give each month—even one dollar can help.
- You choose the charity partner the recipient will partner with to pay their electric bill and get additional services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare.
- We’ll include your donation as a separate line-item on your SMUD bill.
- You’ll simply include your donation with your usual SMUD payment. No separate check to write. No separate envelope to mail.
- Plus, your contributions are tax-deductible. *
To see how EnergyHELP assists these customers, view Charlotte’s story.
Enroll in EnergyHELP
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice.*
There are two ways to start helping our community:
Complete the form below:
Please enroll me in EnergyHELP
* Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.
of donations going directly to charity partners
SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP
households received assistance since 2004