EnergyHELP makes our community brighter.
Help our neighbors in need keep their lights on.
With the holiday season just around the corner, we invite you to kick it off with us on #GivingTuesday. Giving Tuesday is a global campaign of giving back. Donate by December 3 and you’ll join your local community in supporting a cause that's close to your heart.
By contributing to EnergyHELP, you’ll help program recipients pay their electric bill and access additional services such as food, clothing, job training and childcare. 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to one of our program charity partners of your choice: Sacramento Food Bank, The Salvation Army, The Folsom Cordova Community Partnership or Travelers Aid.
How to participate in Giving Tuesday
- Donate now to EnergyHELP with as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for exciting SMUD updates
- Share this page with friends and family and encourage them to donate too
More About EnergyHELP
- You determine the amount you can give each month—even one dollar can help.
- You choose the charity partner the recipient will partner with to pay their electric bill and get additional services.
- We’ll include your donation as a separate line-item on your SMUD bill.
- You’ll simply include your donation with your usual SMUD payment - no separate check to write, no separate envelope to mail.
- Your contributions are tax-deductible.*
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice. To see how EnergyHELP assists these customers, view Charlotte’s story.
*Contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum amount allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor.
of donations going directly to charity partners
SMUD customers contribute to EnergyHELP
households received assistance since 2004
Enroll in EnergyHELP
Through EnergyHELP, 100% of your tax-deductible contribution goes directly to the charity partner of your choice.*
There are two ways to start helping our community:
Complete the form below: