We understand electricity is essential to our everyday lives. So, we’re constantly working to ensure and improve reliability for our region.
SMUD’s electric grid delivers power to over 1.5 million customers. We operate and maintain approximately 10,900 circuit miles of power lines, overhead and underground, throughout our service area and the Upper American River Project (UARP).
We’re working hard to maintain, upgrade and enhance our equipment, through a series of reliability projects.
We strive to keep our customers updated on the latest progress.
- Carmichael Underground Cable Reliability Project
- Cordova Park Underground Cable Replacement Project
- Oselot-Baroque Substation and Line Project
- Pocket Greenhaven underground cable reliability
- Station H Substation Project
- Station J Substation Project
- Pocket/Greenhaven Underground Cable Reliability Project