Home Performance Program
Take a whole-house approach to energy efficiency. SMUD offers financing for energy efficient upgrades to allow qualified customers to enjoy lower energy bills and increased comfort immediately while paying over time. There are no upfront costs beyond a $100 application fee. With our Home Performance Program, customers upgrade multiple items at the same time and can get up to $8,000 in rebates. Other options include personal loans or credit cards.
Start your upgrade
Protect your home
Our HomePower℠ coverage makes sure unexpected electrical repair bills won't ruin your budget.
Unplanned electrical repairs can be costly. We’ve got a plan designed to bring you peace of mind.
HomePower (HPS) will repair or replace common electrical components in your home when they fail due to normal wear and tear. For just $5.95 a month, you'll be covered for:
- up to $500 in electrical repairs (parts and labor) per calendar year
- a 15% discount on services not covered under the program
- repairs made by licensed contractors who warranty their work
- no deductible
You can request service about six weeks after you submit your application and are approved. You will receive information in the mail that will tell you the date on which you may begin using HPS for covered services.
Existing HPS customers can schedule an appointment by calling 1-888-742-7683.
- Repair and/or replacement that have existing wiring in place for the following items:
- Switches/dimmer switches
- GFI breaker & outlets
- Outside outlet cover
- Labor for select non-covered parts; needs approval
- Labor for installation of the replacement items that customer has provided (only when existing item is non-repairable):
- Ceiling fan fixture with existing fan rated box
- Lighting fixtures
- Lighting control wall timer
- Bathroom exhaust fan motor
- Smoke detectors (battery operated only)
- 15% off repairs or labor of replacements not covered; needs approval
- 20% off repairs or labor of replacements for service panel
* Restrictions apply. Review the Customer Service Agreement.