Small business opportunities
The Partnerships team oversees SMUD’s Supplier Education and Economic Development (SEED) Program and Business Advisory Council (BAC).
The SEED (Supplier Education and Economic Development) program offers incentives to local small businesses that participate in SMUD's competitive bid process. It also helps prime contractors find local sub-contractors, which helps them gain a competitive edge when developing their bids or proposals.
SMUD awards $200 to $300 million in contracts every year, $40 to $60 million of which goes to SEED vendors and suppliers.
Our goal is to award 20% of all eligible contracts to SEED vendors.
Find a SEED vendor
If you are interested in working with SEED vendors, you can find them in the following way:
- Step 1: See the Category List to determine the category for which you are seeking a SEED vendor.
- Step 2: Email a request for SEED vendors in your specified categories to SEED.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach usSEEDmgr@smud.org 1-916-732-5600
Kiauna Norman – Program Supervisor
Jeannie Robinson – Coordinator
Procurement category: Materials
Leroy Tripette – Coordinator
Procurement category: Information Technology
Arlene Chacon – Coordinator
Procurement category: Professional Services
Heidi Pyle – Coordinator
Procurement category: Construction
- Category list
- Loans for businesses
- Cal eProcure
- Regional Transit
- California Department of General Services
- Sacramento Public Agency Consortium (SacPAC)
- Capitol Region Small Business Development Center