As a SMUD employee you may be eligible for a benefits package that includes competitive pay, health and dental plans, income protection, retirement and savings plans and much more:
Health care and income protection
- A choice of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Extended workers' compensation pays 85% of salary
- Basic long-term disability plan pays 50% of salary
- Workers' compensation
- Regular employees begin accruing upon employment (either two or three weeks a year, depending on employee group).
- Thirteen days per year. Unused sick leave accumulates without limit. Conversion of unused sick leave applies to retirement credit.
- Nine paid holidays per year plus floating holidays (up to four days).
- Retirement benefits provided through the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). SMUD contributes into CalPERS for all eligible employees. Additionally, all SMUD employees participate in Social Security.
- 457 and 401(k) plans are available.