Parent resources for children
Looking for ways to keep kids engaged while learning at home?
Keep your home learners engaged with age-appropriate, standards-based lessons from SMUD and the National Energy Education Development Project (NEED).
We’ll be posting new activities several times a week, with lessons for ages K-12. Each lesson will include a short reading, worksheet and additional learning resources. View lessons for:
Our classes put you in control of your energy bill and keep you up to date on the latest technologies.
Looking for smart home ideas? Visit our energy-smart technology displays in person or virtually and see for yourself how easy it can be to transform your home.
- Learn how smart appliances help control energy costs
- Find out how the latest lighting technology can make you more comfortable and save money
- See how energy-efficient windows and window coverings control light and energy use
- Learn how to use the sun to power your home and electric vehicle
- See how to manage everything from your smart phone or tablet
You'll find smart home ideas on display at the EnergySmart home inside our Customer Service lobby.
Where can you find instant rebates on the best energy-efficient products on the market?
EnergySmart Home virtual tour
Click the links to the titles of the different rooms in our EnergySmart Home to learn more about them.