Go Electric bonus
Rebates up to $2,500
After you complete the Heating & Cooling package or install a heat pump water heater, you’ll be ready to wire your house for an EV charger and circuits for all-electric appliances.
- Upgrade electrical panel
- Add EV charger circuit
- Add water heater circuit
- Add range/cooktop circuit
- Add clothes dryer circuit
Go Electric rebate requirements
- Up to $500 paid for each eligible circuit, up to a total of $2,500.
- All circuits must be wired to the source (wire and breaker).
- Eligible circuits include: dryer, cooktop/range, electric vehicle and water heater.
- If an electrical panel upgrade is included with future appliance circuits, the customer is eligible for a total rebate of $2,500. The home must be all-electric ready with the panel plus all eligible circuits to qualify.
These specifications are a condensed version of guidelines outlined in the SMUD Contractor Handbook: Home Rebates Programs Requirements. Contractors are responsible for knowing the current program rules and advising customers appropriately. Rebates subject to availability of funding.
Let's get started!