Heating and cooling systems
Heating and cooling system replacement: Up to $3,000 rebate
Up to 40% of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. Replacing your HVAC system with more efficient equipment will improve your comfort and save you money. Replace your old heating and cooling system with a high-efficiency HVAC system meeting SMUD's program standards and qualify for up to $3,000 in rebates.
Rebates subject to availability of funding.
Heat pump HVAC requirements
- 16 SEER cooling efficiency
- 8.2 HSPF heating efficiency (9.0 HSPF to qualify for TECH Clean California incentives)
- 2-stage compressor or better
- Connected thermostat (Wi-Fi enabled, 7-day programmable)
- Existing ductwork sealed as required by Title 24 energy code
- Replacement ductwork insulated to a minimum of R-8
These specifications are a condensed version of guidelines outlined in the SMUD Home Rebates Participating Contractor Handbook. Contractors are responsible for knowing the current program rules and advising customers appropriately.
Let's get started!