Home Performance Program
The SMUD Home Performance Program (HPP) is a whole-house approach that bundles energy-efficiency upgrades to deliver more savings, comfort and rebate options. (Rebates are subject to availability.Start your upgrade
Protect your home
Our HomePower℠ coverage makes sure unexpected electrical repair bills won't ruin your budget.
Unplanned electrical repairs can be costly. We’ve got a plan designed to bring you peace of mind.
HomePower (HPS) will repair or replace common electrical components in your home when they fail due to normal wear and tear. For just $7.50 a month, you'll be covered for:
- up to $500 in electrical repairs (parts and labor) per calendar year
- a 15% discount on services not covered under the program
- repairs made by licensed contractors who warranty their work
- no deductible
You can request service about six weeks after you submit your application and are approved. You will receive information in the mail that will tell you the date on which you may begin using HPS for covered services.
Existing HPS customers can schedule an appointment by calling 1-888-742-7683.
- Repair and/or replacement that have existing wiring in place for the following items:
- Switches/dimmer switches
- GFI breaker & outlets
- Outside outlet cover
- Labor for select non-covered parts; needs approval
- Labor for installation of the replacement items that customer has provided (only when existing item is non-repairable):
- Ceiling fan fixture with existing fan rated box
- Lighting fixtures
- Lighting control wall timer
- Bathroom exhaust fan motor
- Smoke detectors (battery operated only)
- 15% off repairs or labor of replacements not covered; needs approval
- 20% off repairs or labor of replacements for service panel
* Restrictions apply. Review the Customer Service Agreement.