Ready to replace your old, inefficient appliances? Be sure to check here first for SMUD rebates on qualified ENERGY STAR® products.
Heat pump water heater upgrade
Clothes Washer Water Rebate
Water savings rebates available from participating water districts on ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018 clothes washers.
- Citrus Heights Water District, $50
- City of Sacramento, $125
- Fair Oaks Water District, $50
- Orangevale Water Company, $50
Refrigerator and freezer recycling
When you recycle your old, inefficient fridge or freezer with us, we'll pick it up for FREE, you'll get a $50 rebate.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
Replacing an old fridge with a new one?
We offer a $75 rebate on qualifying models.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition
- Refrigerator/freezer unit must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet
- Limit two units per residential address
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled
- A $50 incentive check will be mailed four to six weeks after the appliance collection
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a first-come, first-served basis or until funding is depleted