SMUD Charge@Home incentive
With the SMUD Charge@HomeSM incentive program, you can get up to $1,000 toward EV charging equipment and installation costs, which includes:
- Up to $500 towards the purchase of a Level 2 charger and/or
- Up to $500 towards electrical work (building permit required) needed to accommodate your new charger.
Before applying, please make sure:
- You purchased or leased a new or used plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) on or after July 1, 2021.
- You purchased an eligible EV charger unit and/or completed installation of an electric circuit by a California state licensed contractor on or after December 8, 2021.
- The name and signature on the application is the SMUD customer of record (customer named on the SMUD bill). Payments for approved applications will be made only in the name of the SMUD customer of record.
After application is submitted: SMUD staff will contact the SMUD customer via secure email to request and receive an IRS Form W9 completed and signed by the SMUD customer of record.
- View complete list of requirements
- Tips working with a contractor and installation of home charger
- Find an electrician
*Denotes Mandatory Field