Small business opportunities
The Small Business Outreach and Engagement team oversees SMUD’s Supplier Education and Economic Development (SEED) Program and Business Advisory Council (BAC).
The SEED (Supplier Education and Economic Development) program offers incentives to local small businesses that participate in SMUD's competitive bid process. It also helps prime contractors find local sub-contractors, which helps them gain a competitive edge when developing their bids or proposals.
SMUD awards $200 to $300 million in contracts every year, $40 to $60 million of which goes to SEED vendors and suppliers.
Our goal is to award 20% of all eligible contracts to SEED vendors.
Meet the Primes
Friday, June 15 from 7:30 - 10 AM (Free Admission)
SMUD 6301 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
Join us and meet the prime contractors bidding on our $30-35M Station E Substation Project. We are looking for small business contractors in various fields. Register now to view the full list.
Find a SEED vendor
If you are interested in working with SEED vendors, you can find them in the following way:
- Step 1: See the Category List to determine the category for which you are seeking a SEED vendor.
- Step 2: Email a request for SEED vendors in your specified categories to SEED.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach us
- Category list
- Loans for businesses
- Cal eProcure
- Regional Transit
- California Department of General Services
- Sacramento Public Agency Consortium (SacPAC)
- Capitol Region Small Business Development Center