To help your business and our community, we offer a wide variety of incentives and financing options to encourage investment in energy efficiency.
Featured below are our most common rebates, however we have an extensive variety of rebates available from simple DIY to custom energy upgrades. Don't know where to start? Connect with your Strategic Account Advisor.
We offer several rebate programs to fit your energy upgrade needs.
Loans up to $10,000 available for business customers investing in
energy efficiency upgrades.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be the owner of the property where products will be installed
- Businesses including multifamily complexes of 5 or more individually metered units billed under our residential rates may qualify
- Business tenants who are responsible for the electric account on their portion of the property
- The installation property must have an active, connected account with SMUD
- Equipment must be on our eligibility list and installed by a licensed electrical or HVAC contractor
- Applicants must be pre-approved prior to commencement of work
How it Works
- Secured financing at a fixed rate of 6.99%
- Application fee of $100 per loan. If we decline the application, we’ll return this fee
- Most loans are for a term not exceeding 10 years or:
- The remaining term of any senior lien
- For tenants, six months less than the remaining term on the property lease agreement
- Products must be installed within 180 days of loan approval
- Additional conditions apply