With SMUD’s optional Fixed Rate, there is one price for electricity from October 1 through May 31 and a different, higher price from June 1 through September 30.
On average, the Fixed Rate is approximately 4% higher than the Time-of-Day (5-8 p.m.) Rate.
Note: Customers with rooftop solar systems or who participate in the SolarShares program are not eligible for the Fixed Rate.
The chart below outlines the seasons and prices for the Fixed Rate.
Managing your electricity use
We’re here to help you manage your electricity bill and keep your home comfortable. A few energy saving tips and tools are listed below.
- Sign up for Bill Pay Your Way and get the convenience of a pre-determined monthly payment amount and to set your payment due date. You’ll still need to manage your electricity use, especially during the summer months when high usage could affect the future payment amount.
- Complete a Home Profile and get customized tips to reduce your energy usage. Log in to My Account and select Ways to Save.
- Use our interactive My Energy Tools charts to learn more about your household’s energy habits. You can see your yearly, daily, even hourly electricity use for the past 24 hours, or any hour, day or month for the past 24 months. You can also set an energy savings goal, track your progress and set up alerts to be notified when your usage is on track for a higher bill than expected.
- Visit our Energy Saving Tips page for suggestions to help you conserve energy no matter the season.
- Go to our SMUD Energy Store to purchase LEDs and receive an instant rebate at checkout.