All-Electric Smart Homes
All-Electric Smart Homes take you one step closer to a renewable energy future. Efficient electric technologies for heating, hot water and cooking allow you to take advantage of renewable energy generated on site and by SMUD to reduce dependence on fossil resources that contribute to global warming.
Benefits of an all-electric smart home
- More environmentally friendly, emitting 40% less greenhouse gases than an equivalent home powered by natural gas (saves over 1 ton of CO2 per year)
- Greater use of renewable generation
- Safer cooking technologies
- Reduced exposure to natural gas and combustion products
- Homeowner has greater control and can lower costs by taking advantage of Time-of-Day rates and demand response programs
See an overview of an all-electric smart home
Find an All-Electric Smart Home community
We work with innovative local builders to make these homes available in many areas and price ranges. Visit one of these All-Electric Smart Home communities near you.
Sacramento Urban Works
Information for builders
Homebuilders who participate in our All-Electric Smart Home program receive the following financial incentives for all-electric single family and multi-family homes:
|Standard incentive||Induction cooking appliance bonus||Construction completion bonus||Total possible incentives|
|$3,000||$1,000||$1,000 for completing in 2018||$5,000|
|$750||$500||$250 for completing in 2018 or 2019||$1,500|
Minimum participation requirements include the following:
- All-electric appliances and mechanical systems
- No gas line in the home
- No gas service at the property
Note: All Smart Homes participants enrolled under the 2013 code program will need to submit incentive request forms (IRF) by December 31, 2019. Any currently enrolled under 2013 code lots that have not completed HERS testing and submitted their IRF by December 31, 2019 will no longer be eligible to receive their reserved incentives.
In partnership with SMUD, TRC Solutions is implementing the program on behalf of SMUD. TRC Solutions will be processing and reviewing all projects. Please submit the following to your TRC representative:
- A completed, All-Electric Smart Homes Incentive Reservation Form at the start of the project
- Title 24 Certificate of Compliance authored and signed by a 2016 Title 24 code CEA (Note: Projects may require a copy of the final Title 24 CF-1R for each plan type)
- The electronic input file for the correct version of the Title 24 energy compliance software for each model as constructed
- A complete set of construction plans including:
- Architectural plans with floor plans, elevations and sections
- Subdivision lot map with North arrow for production home projects or a site plan with North arrow for custom homes
- A copy of the tract map (tentative or recorded) and construction schedule with phases, lots and addresses
- Equipment and materials documentation may be requested
SMUD may provide design assistance within reason for viable projects. We will not provide funding for Title 24 documentation authors to reconstruct models or plans in the event of needed corrections.
Upon completion of submittal review, TRC will provide you with a letter of acceptance and Incentive Request Form (IRF).
Once you receive written approval from SMUD and construction has begun:
- Ensure all applicable CF-2R forms are uploaded to the chosen HERS Registry for each home
- If applicable, obtain the appropriate CF-3R HERS rating certificates for each home
- Keep TRC informed of any changes in equipment or building envelope that would impact energy performance; changes made without notification may forfeit incentive payment