Right of Way Requests
Use the following steps to ensure your application request advances smoothly.
Steps to Consent
- Submit your completed application along with plans and any other relevant information to the Real Estate Services office at Realestate@smud.org.
- We will review the application for completeness and determine whether a consent can be granted.
- We will route the application to the appropriate SMUD units for review, comment and approval or denial.
- Once the project is approved by the SMUD asset owner, Real Estate Services will prepare and send the Consent to Common Use Agreement to you for signature.
- Once the agreement is signed by the applicant and returned to SMUD it is reviewed and signed by the Supervisor of Real Estate and recorded.
- Once executed by SMUD, a copy of the agreement and Work Permit will be sent to you or available for pick-up at our office.
Here's what you'll need to have your development/use approved by SMUD
- Please review Steps in applying for a Consent Process (above).
- Click here to read the Quick Guide for Requirements and Guidelines for Uses within Electric & Gas Transmission Easement Areas.
- Click here to download the full Guideline for Transmission Enchroachment.
- Click here to download the Requirements for Excavation in Proximity to SMUD's Underground Transmission Cables.
- After you have reviewed the process, requirements and guidelines, you can submit a Consent to Common Use of Transmission Line Right-of-Way Application Form.