We can help upgrade your facilities and equipment with our Go Electric and efficiency incentives.
Bundle your upgrades to save more
Your incentive and energy savings increase when you choose to upgrade more than one measure category at once. Receive a bonus incentive by upgrading from gas to electric equipment.
How does it work?
A retail store wants to upgrade to new LED lighting. The original incentive for the store’s lighting upgrade is $5,570. When the owner decides to upgrade the HVAC system as well, the lighting incentive increases to $8,100.*
Our energy advisors will help you identify all upgrade and incentive opportunities during your free energy assessment.
*Each measure category and bundle option has a set incentive rate per kWh. The project’s scope of work will determine the total incentive amount. Incentive funds are finite and first-come, first-served for qualifying projects.
- Promote safety and security on the interior and exterior of buildings
- Create a more productive and comfortable workspace
- Increase visual appeal of retail and office environments
- Reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Improve sales by enhancing product appearance
- Avoid risk of losing valuable inventory due to temperature issues with old equipment
- Extend life of the equipment
- Significantly reduce energy and maintenance costs
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Improve comfort and air quality
- Reduce noise from HVAC system by installing new, quieter equipment
- Improve ventilation
- Reduce energy consumption and lower energy costs
- Install smart thermostats to use electricity more efficiently
- Improve resiliency and avoid failure of old equipment
- Reduce energy use for water heating and lower energy costs
Cooking (i.e. ENERGY STAR® commercial ovens)
- Improve safety by upgrading old equipment
- Reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Save additional energy by downsizing and slowing down exhaust fans
- Increase efficiency and improve operations
- Decrease production time
- Upgrade from gas equipment to more advanced, cleaner electric alternatives
- Reduce energy costs by installing more efficient electric equipment
- Heat pump water heaters and HVAC heat pumps can be more than three times more efficient than gas-fired units.
- Induction cooktops are more energy efficient and safer than gas alternatives. They produce zero kitchen pollution and waste less heat, so your kitchen stays cooler.
- Have one electric utility provider and eliminate the need for gas service
- Receive a bonus incentive for upgrading from gas to electric equipment
- Reduce plug loads by installing measures like advanced power strips and vending machines controls
- Reduce energy bills by turning off loads when equipment is not needed
- Protect electronics from surges
- Prevent fires and overheating
Electric vehicle (EV) supply equipment
Install charging stations on your property and receive an incentive from SMUD
Boost customer traffic by providing EV charging equipment
Possibly increase revenue and sales due to increased customer traffic
PowerDirect® automated demand response
Integrate SMUD’s automated demand response technology with smart thermostats to use electricity more efficiently
Increase your bottom line as you save electricity
Manage systems automatically to reduce electricity consumption in times of high demand
Run your business more efficiently and improve system performance and productivity
- Create your Customer Energy Solutions profile in the Customer Portal.
- Submit a validation application for the site where you would like the site assessment to take place.
Your Strategic Account Advisor (SAA) can assist you with a bill and meter data analysis to identify how your business is using energy and how you can save.
Not ready? Submit an inquiry below and we can help guide you through the process.