Our incentives can reduce your out-of-pocket costs
We can help upgrade your facilities and equipment with our Go Electric and efficiency incentives.
Submit an inquiry form and we’ll schedule a free energy assessment for your business. Our team of experts will identify upgrades you can make right now with program incentives and develop a plan for deeper savings down the road. See the program brochure.
Submit an inquiry form View participant handbook
Bundle your upgrades to save more
Your incentive and energy savings increase when you choose to upgrade more than one measure category at a time. Receive a bonus incentive by upgrading from gas to electric equipment.
How does it work?
As an example, a retail store wants to upgrade to new LED lighting. The original incentive for the store’s lighting upgrade is $5,570. When the owner decides to upgrade the HVAC system as well, the lighting incentive increases to $8,100.*
Our energy advisors will help you identify all upgrade and incentive opportunities during your free energy assessment.Get started today
*Each measure category and bundle option has a set incentive rate per kWh. The project’s scope of work will determine the total incentive amount. Incentive funds are finite and are on a first-come, first-served basis for qualifying projects.
- Promote safety and security on the interior and exterior of buildings
- Create a more productive and comfortable workspace
- Increase visual appeal of retail and office environments
- Reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Improve sales by enhancing product appearance
- Avoid risk of losing valuable inventory due to temperature issues with old equipment
- Extend life of the equipment
- Significantly reduce energy and maintenance costs
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Improve comfort and air quality
- Reduce noise from HVAC system by installing new, quieter equipment
- Improve ventilation
- Reduce energy consumption and lower energy costs
- Install smart thermostats to use electricity more efficiently
- Improve resiliency and avoid failure of old equipment
- Reduce energy use for water heating and lower energy costs
Cooking (e.g. ENERGY STAR® commercial ovens)
- Improve safety by upgrading old equipment
- Reduce energy and maintenance costs
- Save additional energy by downsizing and slowing down exhaust fans
- Increase efficiency and improve operations
- Decrease production time
- Upgrade from gas equipment to more advanced, cleaner electric alternatives
- Reduce energy costs by installing more efficient electric equipment
- Heat pump water heaters and HVAC heat pumps can be more than three times more efficient than gas-fired units.
- Induction cooktops are more energy efficient and safer than gas alternatives. They produce zero kitchen pollution and waste less heat, so your kitchen stays cooler.
- Have one electric utility provider and eliminate the need for gas service
- Receive a bonus incentive for upgrading from gas to electric equipment
- Reduce plug loads by installing measures like advanced power strips and vending machines controls
- Reduce energy bills by turning off loads when equipment is not needed
- Protect electronics from surges
- Prevent fires and overheating
Electric vehicle (EV) supply equipment
- Install charging stations on your property and receive an incentive from SMUD
- Boost customer traffic by providing EV charging equipment
- Possibly increase revenue and sales due to increased customer traffic
PowerDirect® automated demand response
- Integrate SMUD’s automated demand response technology with smart thermostats to use electricity more efficiently
- Increase your bottom line as you save electricity
- Manage systems automatically to reduce electricity consumption in times of high demand
- Run your business more efficiently and improve system performance and productivity
- Create your Customer Energy Solutions profile in the Customer Portal.
- Submit a validation application for the site where you would like the site assessment to take place.
If you have any questions, email CES@TRCcompanies.com or call 1-844-529-4084.
Your Strategic Account Advisor (SAA) can assist you with a bill and meter data analysis to identify how your business is using energy and how you can save.
Not ready? Submit an inquiry below and we can help guide you through the process.
Become a CES contractor
Join our contractor network
We're looking for contractors who offer energy efficient, gas-to-electric and electric vehicle charging station solutions. To join our network as a CES contractor, contact TRC Companies at CES@trccompanies.com or 1-844-529-4084.
Learn how local businesses are helping create a clean carbon-free future.
Going all-electric is better for your business, your safety and our environment. We’re helping commercial customers make the switch with incentives and energy-efficient solutions that drive energy savings to their bottom lines and promote electrification. Check back as new incentives become available to help you build safer, healthier and cheaper.
The Capital Christian Center is electrifying their 60-acre campus by replacing gas equipment with all-electric heat pumps and removing up to 99% of the existing gas lines. Partnering with SMUD, Capital Christian has already received over $175,000 in incentives to install electric HVAC heat pumps and lighting retrofits.View case study
In partnership with SMUD’s CES program, MTI College received over $3,000 in incentives to install 34 smart thermostats across campus. These thermostats allow MTI College to participate in automated demand response (ADR) programs, to help scale back energy use when demand for electricity is high. Participating in ADR will help MTI College save an estimated 23,460 kWh annually, and they have plans for additional upgrades including electric HVAC pump systems and LED lighting.View case study
As both a contractor partner of the CES program and a program participant, Sierra Valley Mechanical has converted gas equipment to electric heat pumps to help reduce carbon emissions. With incentives over $2,000, Sierra Valley Mechanical replaced the gas furnaces at their offices with two mini-split heat pump systems, saving an estimated 20 tons of carbon emissions.View case study
WellSpace health, a local non-profit providing healthcare to the greater Sacramento region, recently made upgrades to LED lighting at multiple facilities and learned about Go Electric incentives. WellSpace leveraged over $6,000 in incentives to replace their gas water heater with a highly efficient heat pump water heater at a low cost. Their estimated annual savings are 5,410 kWh, and they now have plans to install smart thermostats and explore EV charging incentives.View case study
Children’s Receiving Home (CRH) received nearly $14k in incentives from CES for their Go-electric project in 2022. CRH has partnered with SMUD to replace all of their gas HVAC units with energy-efficient electric heat pumps over the next seven years.View case study