Apply for your electric vehicle incentive
Do you qualify?
Before starting your application, make sure you meet the following qualifications: All of these items are needed to qualify for the EV incentive.
- Your vehicle is new, first time purchased or leased (not pre-owned, four wheel light duty passenger vehicle only)
- You purchased or leased your vehicle within the last 6 months prior to today
- You have the correct documentation
It’s important that you include the proper documentation to your application. If the incorrect documentation is attached, your application may be rejected. Some documentation looks similar, so please make sure it matches the examples below. Here’s a list of required documentation:
- The full DMV registration form
- The temporary DMV registration is acceptable. It must include the words “must be affixed to the vehicle before delivery to the purchaser.” If you are using the temporary registration, please remove it from the envelope and include a copy.
- The first page of your auto sales or lease contract.
- See examples of accepted forms of documentation.
Please note: The DMV Application for Registration is not an acceptable form of documentation.