Upcoming virtual events
Celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Historic Folsom Powerhouse with an interactive history lesson, fun science activities and more.
Thursday, October 22, Noon - 1 PM
Did you know that lighting can affect your sleep, mood and health? Learn simple, low-cost, energy-efficient lighting tips designed to help you feel energized during the day and sleep better at night.
Opens November 1
This year's event has changed to an online format that you can enjoy from your home. Register anytime in November to receive an interactive, online session where you can learn about smart technology, life changing lighting, controlling your SMUD bill, and more.
Videos, Courses and Guides
Parent resources for children
Looking for ways to keep kids engaged while learning at home?
Keep your home learners engaged with age-appropriate, standards-based lessons from SMUD and the National Energy Education Development Project (NEED).
Each lesson will include a short reading, worksheet and additional learning resources. View lessons for:
Looking for smart home ideas? Take a virtual tour and see for yourself how easy it can be to transform your home.
- Learn how smart appliances help control energy costs
- Find out how the latest lighting technology can make you more comfortable and save money
- See how energy-efficient windows and window coverings control light and energy use
- Learn how to use the sun to power your home and electric vehicle
- See how to manage everything from your smart phone or tablet
Where can you find instant rebates on the best energy-efficient products on the market?
EnergySmart Home virtual tour
Click the links to the titles of the different rooms in our EnergySmart Home to learn more about them.