Energy Saver Bundle benefits
SMUD has a bold new Clean Energy Vision to eliminate carbon emissions from our power supply by 2030. To support the plan, we offer Energy Saver Bundle assessments and electrical vehicle chargers to our income eligible customers. Then we can all benefit from improved air quality and cleaner, safer and healthier homes.
Assessments provide many benefits:
- Find ways to reduce your energy use.
- Help lower your utility bills.
- Improve indoor air quality and overall health.
Your dedicated Energy Specialist will conduct an in-home energy assessment. They'll provide personalized tips to help you be more comfortable in your home. And, you'll save energy and money.
Do I qualify?
If you're enrolled in or qualify for SMUD’s Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR), you already qualify.
If you're not enrolled but want to find out if you qualify, check your eligibility with our qualification tool.
If you're unsure if you're already enrolled in EAPR, you can find out by looking at your bill. If your rate category includes the phrase “w/EAPR” then you're enrolled.
What to expect
With our complete home energy assessment, a SMUD Energy Specialist will walk you through personalized tips to conserve energy and determine if you qualify for free measures to make your home more energy efficient. Once a need is determined, our contractors will contact you to schedule an in-house appointment that follows all current safety precautions. Whether you're a homeowner or a renter, we have a bundle designed for you.
- Renter - Apartment: eligible for an advanced power strip, fan and LED light bulbs*
- Renter - House: eligible for a programmable thermostat, advanced power strip, LED light bulbs, insulation and minor efficiency upgrades*
- Homeowner: eligible for some heating and cooling repairs or replacements, energy efficiency upgrades (or switching from gas to electric appliances) and electrical vehicle chargers
All customers are eligible for an EnergyStar refrigerator exchange if the current refrigerator is 10 or more years old.
*Landlord or property manager sign-off required depending on items being requested. Please refer to your Energy Specialist for any questions.
Need more information?
If the call goes to voicemail, please leave the following:
- Contact number
- Include the program name "Energy Saver Bundle"
A SMUD representative will contact you within 2 business days.
Waiver required before we can start any work
Before your appointment, download and review a waiver form. Your SMUD Energy Specialist will collect a verbal agreement from your landlord before completing your assessment.
Before your appointment, download and review a waiver form. Your SMUD Energy Specialist will collect a verbal agreement from you at your appointment.