Upcoming rate changes
2020 rate changes
|January 1, 2020||+3.75%|
|October 1, 2020||+3.00%|
Why is my rate changing?
As your community-owned, not-for-profit electric service, we work hard to control costs to operate as efficiently as possible. Changes to your rate are driven by the following external factors:
We’re increasing our capacity to provide electricity to ensure we can reliably serve customers’ energy needs during times of peak demand.
We’re deploying new technology solutions to support cyber security, customer experience, improved reliability and distributed energy resources.
Investing in renewable energy and increased energy efficiency initiatives to achieve California mandated policy requirements including carbon reduction goals. Watch how we're investing in clean energy.
2021 rate changes
In 2021, business customers will experience rate increases and a commercial rate restructure.
|January 1, 2021||+2.50%|
|October 1, 2021||+2.00%|
2021 rate restructure
Beginning in 2021, our commercial customers will transition to a new rate structure. The rate restructure will include:
- Consistency across all rate classes to make it easier to predict energy costs
- Changes Time-of-Use to Time-of-Day periods that better aligns with the cost of provided electricity (see clocks below)
- New non-summer off peak saver rate for low energy prices when energy costs less
- No peak on weekends and holidays
- Adjustments to fixed charges including
- System Infrastructure Fixed Charge (SIFC)
- Site Infrastructure Charge (SIC)
- Summer Peak Demand Charge (SPkW)
Time-of-Day time periods
Energy saving tips
Access your online account
Log in or enroll in My Account for information and solutions specific to your business. Access your account any time of the day to manage your energy with easy to view dashboards, bill comparison charts and easy reporting features.
Want to know more?
For more information about the 2020 and 2021 rate changes and commercial restructure, view the General Manager's report.