Budget Billing program details
- Your Budget Bill amount will be calculated as an average of the last 12 months of bills.
- If you do not have 12 months of billing history, we will use any available months.
- If you are a new customer, we will estimate your Budget Billing amount for you.
Begin receiving your fixed bills
- Beginning 1-2 billing cycles following your enrollment in Budget Billing, you will see your new fixed bill amount, your actual charges, and your surplus or deficit.
- Note: Budget Billing works on a 12-month cycle beginning with your first Budget Bill.
Bill review periods
- In the 4th and 8th month of each Budget Billing cycle, we will check your actual monthly average usage over the last 12 months (or all available months if less than 12 are available) against your fixed monthly bill amount.
- If your actual monthly average usage varies by more than 15%:
- we will adjust your future fixed bill amount to target a zero balance by the end of the Budget Billing cycle. This is based on the last 12 months of actual usage (or all available months if less than 12 are available) and any surplus or deficits accumulated on your Budget Billing plan.
- you will receive notice of your new Budget Billing amount on the bill prior to the change.
- At the end of each Budget Billing cycle, we will conduct a review that consists of two components to determine your set monthly bill amount for the next 4-month cycle:
- The actual monthly average usage for the last 12 months.
- If you have a surplus of $10 or greater, a credit will be applied to your account. If you have a deficit, the amount will be applied evenly over the next 12 months.