HQ Rehabilitation Project
SMUD is rehabilitating its headquarters building and needs SEED contractors to help complete the project. Construction has already begun and will continue through 2019.
Roebbelen, the lead design and build contractor for the project, is looking for additional SEED-qualified prime and sub-contractors in the following trades:
- Acoustical ceiling
- Caulking and sealants
- Ceramic tile
- Coiling doors
- Concrete cutting and coring
- Concrete reinforcing steel
- Construction equipment
- Construction supplies
- Doors and hardware
- Earthwork and paving
- Glass and glazing
- Insulation and fire stopping
- Lath and plaster
- Site utilities
- Structural and miscellaneous steel
How do I become a SEED contractor?
It’s easy to qualify for SMUD’s SEED (Supplier Education and Economic Development) program:
- Become a certified small business with the California Department of General Services (DGS).
- Be a SMUD business customer for at least 6 months at the same address on file with the DGS.
- Register on SMUD’s bid system.