Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling
When you recycle your old, inefficient fridge or freezer with us, we'll pick it up for FREE, you'll get a $50 rebate.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition
- Refrigerator/freezer unit must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet
- Limit two units per residential address
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled
- A $50 incentive check will be mailed four to six weeks after the appliance collection
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a first-come, first-served basis or until funding is depleted