Energy Efficiency Financing
If you're financing an energy upgrade project, you can now pre-qualify for SMUD financing. It's fast and easy. SMUD's energy efficiency loans are specifically for the financing of energy efficient equipment to homeowners.
Please be aware of the following tips when submitting a loan prequalification request to prevent a delay in response.
- The person applying must be the same person as recorded in the county clerk recorder’s office on the property's grant deed.
- The person applying must be the same person who holds the electric utility account.
- The person applying cannot have a security freeze on their consumer credit report records.
After you log in to My Account, please note:
- The third question under Step 1 refers to the type of building structure (single-family residence, duplex, triplex or 4-plex) and not the number of bedrooms in the home.
- The Full Name input in Step 4 should be the same name you use to most commonly obtain consumer credit.
A smart choice
No doubt about it, SMUD's Energy Efficiency Loan Program is the smart choice! We offer easy, convenient and affordable financing that can save you thousands of dollars over the life of the loan. With us, you won’t find any mysterious interest charges, origination costs or pre-payment fees that are common with many home improvement loans. Plus, you can save even more when your energy-efficient improvements are complete.
|6.99% fixed rate 15-year term||7.75% (or higher on 25-year term)|
|Pre-payment fee||None||Amount determined by remaining loan term|
|Closing costs||None||Can be $700 (or more)|
|Origination fee||None||Usually 3% of amount financed|
|Equity requirement||None||As much as 15%|
|Annual fee||None||Averages $35|
|Recording fee||None||As much as $95|