Sustainable Home Improvement Loans
Finance projects for your home easily online with a Sustainable Home Improvement Loan!
SMUD collaborated with Five Star Bank and LoanGlide to offer these loans to help our residential customers finance energy efficiency upgrades. This includes:
- Converting from gas-to-electric appliances and equipment
- Improvements like windows and weatherization
Additional upgrades like new countertops can be bundled with your energy efficiency project. As long as your project includes an energy efficiency upgrade, you’re eligible to apply for this financing. SMUD offers rebates on many of these items for even more savings.
Annual percentage rates (APRs) range from as low as 4.99% for qualified customers to 7.99% and can vary based on the term of the loan, the applicant’s credit score and other underwriting criteria. There are no application fees or origination fees associated with this loan product.
Eligible appliances and equipment
- Battery storage (Rebate available in 2022)
- Cool roof
- Electrical panel upgrade (Rebate available)
- EV Charger (Rebate available in 2022)
- Heat pump HVAC (Rebate available)
- Heat pump water heater (Rebate available)
- Home electrical wiring
- Induction cooktop/range (Rebate available)
- Non-heat pump HVAC
- Non-heat water heater
- Pool pump
- Seal and Insulate (Rebate available)
- Switch from gas to electric dryer
How it works
It’s quick and easy and getting pre-approved won’t affect your credit score.
Follow these steps:
- Choose a contractor from the SMUD Contractor Network before applying for the loan.
- When your project details are agreed on, your contractor will send a link to start the pre-approval process online.
- Select your loan option.
- Complete your application for approval!
Once your loan is approved and the project is complete, you’ll get a notification with a link to approve payment to your contractor.
Get started now — select your contractor today!
If you're a contractor, sign up with LoanGlide today to offer these loans to your customers.
LoanGlide manages the online application process for Five Star Bank.
SMUD loan program ended
As of November 1, 2021, SMUD no longer offers financing on energy efficiency upgrade projects. Thank you for continuing to support SMUD’s rebates and our goal to be 100% carbon-free by 2030.