Ways to pay
Whether online or in person, there are many ways to pay your SMUD bill.
Call us toll-free at 1-888-742-7683 to make a payment.
- Representatives are available to take eCheck payments Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Our automated system is available 24 hours a day for residential customers.
Visit our Customer Service Center lobby to make payments in person.
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Pay your electric bill at a SMUD pay station location
- Payments can be made with cash, check or money order (Walmart locations only accept cash and pin-based debit transactions)
- Credit cards are not accepted
- Payments will post to your account on your payment date
Find a pay station near you
Enter your starting address
To pay by mail, write your account number on your check, include your payment stub and send to:
P.O. Box 15555
Sacramento, CA 95852-1555
You can make payments to SMUD automatically from your checking or savings account, saving you the cost of postage and checks.
To sign up:
- Complete the EFT application form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach a voided check from your checking account or include the savings account number and the American Banker Association number (ABA#).
- Mail to:
EFT, M.S. A253
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
Please do not include payment in the same envelope with your EFT application.
- Please continue paying your electric bill or energy efficiency loan until you receive a bill showing Bank will pay on (date and amount). You will continue receiving your monthly statement, but your bank will automatically pay it.
- We will confirm your enrollment in the program within six to eight weeks of signing up.
For information about electronic transfer, email EFTquestions@smud.org.
Make loan payments using the following accepted payment methods.
- My Account: eCheck
- Pay online as guest: eCheck
- By mail: check, money order
- In person: check, money order, cash