Bill Pay Your Way
You've got options for a predictable monthly bill.
When you sign up for our Budget Billing and Custom Due Date programs, you’ll get a set monthly bill amount and you'll also be able to set your monthly payment date.
Residential customers can set their bill amount for 12 months at a time. Please remember—it's important to manage your usage to minimize fluctuations in your bill, especially during the hot summer months.
We'll determine your set monthly bill amount for the first 12-month cycle based on:
- your actual monthly average usage for the last 12 months.
- any rate increases scheduled in the next 12 months.
If we owe you, a credit will be applied to the first bill of your new plan cycle. If you owe us, the amount will be distributed equally over the next 12 months as part of your new set monthly bill.
Please note: Budget Billing is subject to review of payment history. Budget Billing isn't available for commercial or solar customers.
Custom Due Date
Select a payment due date range that better matches your paydays or scheduled deposits.
- Choose a date range for your SMUD payment.
- We'll adjust the date your bill is issued based on your preferred due date. Your exact due date may vary but it will be within your selected range.
- You'll still have the same amount of time to make your payment.
Clear the clutter! We'll email you when your bill's ready. No more paper bills!
- View, pay and track your bills online with My Account.
- Check your account history online, anytime.