Bill Pay Your Way
You've got options for a predictable monthly bill.
Bill Pay Your Way combines our Budget Billing and Custom Due Date programs. So, not only will you get a set monthly bill amount, you'll also be able to set your monthly payment date.
Get a set bill amount for twelve months at a time. Please remember–it's important to manage your usage to minimize fluctuations in your bill, especially during the hot summer months.
We'll determine your set monthly bill amount for the first 12-month cycle based on:
- your actual monthly average usage for the last 12 months
- any rate increases scheduled in the next 12 months
Your next 12-month cycle will be based on the two items above plus:
- any payment for more electricity than you used, which we'll credit to your account on the first bill of the new 12-month cycle
- any usage over the budgeted amount, which we'll distribute equally over the next 12 months
Please note that Budget Billing isn't available to solar customers, and is subject to review of your payment history.
Custom Due Date
Select a payment due date range that better matches your paydays or scheduled deposits.
- Choose a date range for your SMUD payment.
- We'll adjust the date your bill is issued based on your preferred due date. Your exact due date may vary but it will be within your selected range.
- You'll still have the same amount of time to make your payment.
Don't have My Account? Registration is easy.