Sacramento Republic Energy Efficiency Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- General Rules: The name of the promotion governed by these Official Rules is the Sacramento Republic Energy Efficiency Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes begins April 3, 2019 and closes on April 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM Pacific Time.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to residents of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (“SMUD”) service area and SMUD customers. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Not open to employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, siblings and children) of SMUD, its directors, officers, employees or agents.
- Indemnity: By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnifies SMUD and Facebook each of its directors, officers, employees, or agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising from either the entrant’s participation or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: To be automatically entered, entrant must tag SMUD in a picture promoting SMUD on their Facebook account @MySMUD. Those not entering via their Facebook account may enter a 3.5” x 5” postcard to the address given below (hand print your name, age, address (including zip code), daytime and evening telephone numbers, and e-mail address. Mail postcard entries to: Sacramento Republic Energy Efficiency Sweepstakes, c/o SMUD, PO Box 18530, M.S. A127, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830. Only one entry/postcard per household, you may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple names, addresses, email addresses, identifies or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Official Rules. Entries that do not adhere to these Official Rules may be disqualified at SMUD’s sole discretion. SMUD is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, undelivered, illegible, or improperly inputted entries.
- Entry Deadline: Entries must be received by April 4, 2019, at 11:59 AM Pacific Time.
- Random Drawing: On Thursday, April 4, 2019, SMUD will randomly choose one winner from among all Facebook and postcard entries (if any received). The drawing will be conducted by a representative or designee of SMUD, whose decision with respect to the selection of the potential winners shall be final. Entrants need not be present to win. The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email address on or about Thursday, April 4, 2019. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: The prize is four tickets to the Sac Republic FC April 6, 2019, game. The approximate retail value of the prize is $40. The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives and friends. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise specified. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize is permitted.
- Prize Acceptance: All federal state and local laws and regulations apply. Prior to or at the time of delivery of the prize, the potential winner must execute an Eligibility Declaration within two (2) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner, unless prohibited by law. Failure to accept delivery of the prize will constitute forfeiture of such prize. If the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or if SMUD is unable to contact a selected winner within a reasonable time period following the winner’s selection, the prize will be forfeited and, at SMUD’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In consideration of being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, voice, picture, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by SMUD.
- Official Rules/Winners List: SMUD reserves the right to make rule or Sweepstakes changes without notice at any time. The decision of SMUD in the interpretation of, and compliance with, the Official Rules is final. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SMUD, which are final. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a list of the winner and prize, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sacramento Republic Energy Efficiency Sweepstakes, c/o SMUD, P.O. Box 15830 – M.S. A203, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830. Requests must be received no later than Friday, May 3, 2019.
- Tax Information: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- Applicable Laws: This Sweepstakes is subject to the laws of the State of California. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- SMUD’s Address:
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817