2023 CA State Fair Giveaway
No purchase necessary to enter or win
- General Rules: These are the Official Rules for the 2023 CA State Fair Giveaway. The contest begins July 20th, 2023, and closes on July 25th, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- Eligibility: All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Not open to employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, siblings and children) of SMUD, its directors, officers, employees or agents.
- Indemnity: By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnifies SMUD and each of its directors, officers, employees, or agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising from either the entrant’s participation or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in this Contest.
- How to Enter: To be automatically entered, you must be following @mysmud, tag a friend in a comment and must have joined the charge at CleanPowerCity.org- winners will provide email address to confirm they’ve joined the charge after being notified. Mail postcard entries to: CA State Fair Giveaway c/o SMUD, P.O. Box 15830 – M.S.A203, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830. Limit one (1) entry/postcard per household. SMUD is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, undelivered, illegible, or improperly inputted entries.
- Entry Deadline: Entries must be received by July 25th, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- Random Drawing: Ten (10) potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing no later than July 20th, 2023, from all eligible entries received. Each drawing will be conducted by a representative or designee of SMUD, whose decision with respect to the selection of the potential winners shall be final.Entrants need not be present to win. The potential winners will be notified on or about July 25tht by direct message (DM) on the platform. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winner will need to pick up their prize at the SMUD Customer Service Center security desk, located at 6301 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95817. Offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Prize(s): The prize(s) consists of 4 (four) admission tickets, 4 monorail passes, 24 ride tickets, and 1 parking pass. The approximate retail value of the prize is $85.00 The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives and friends. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise specified. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize is permitted.
- Prize Acceptance: All federal state and local laws and regulations apply. Prior to or at the time of delivery of the prize, the potential winner must execute a SMUD Prize Award and Release Agreement, Eligibility Declaration within five (5) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner, unless prohibited by law. Failure to accept delivery of the prize will constitute forfeiture of such prize.If the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or if SMUD is unable to contact a selected winner within a reasonable time period following the winner’s selection, the prize will be forfeited and, at SMUD’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In consideration of being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, voice, picture, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by SMUD.
- Official Rules/Winners List: SMUD reserves the right to make rule or Sweepstakes changes without notice at any time.The decision of SMUD in the interpretation of, and compliance with, the Official Rules is final.By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SMUD, which are final.For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a list of the winner(s) and prize(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2023 CA State Fair Giveaway c/o SMUD, P.O. Box 15830 – M.S. A203, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830.Requests must be received no later than June 25th, 2023.
- Tax Information: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to the laws of the State of California. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- SMUD’s Address:
6301 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817