Business Advisory Council
Our Business Advisory Council (BAC) advocates for SMUD's strategic directives, including contracting inclusiveness, small business engagement and regional economic vitality.
To champion a positive and economically strong relationship between SMUD and local small business, commercial and industrial customers, fostering supplier diversity as well as a strong regional economy and quality of life.
1. Educate local businesses on SMUD's contracting process.
2. Enhance awareness of and participation in SMUD contracting opportunities among local businesses.
3. Advise SMUD on its regional priorities and initiatives.
4. Promote local business issues.
5. Encourage SMUD's ongoing leadership in business and community engagement.
- June Livingston, Chair
Business Environmental Resource Council (BERC)
- Fred Palmer, Vice Chair
Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
The BAC consists of leadership representatives from business-based civic and trade organizations as well as public agencies. BAC leadership, in consultation with SMUD, determines membership in the BAC.
BAC member organizations
- Capitol Asian American Professional Society
- Capitol Region Small Business Development Center
- Carmichael Chamber of Commerce
- Citrus Heights Chamber of Commerce
- City of Galt
- Del Paso Boulevard Partnership
- Downtown Sacramento Partnership
- Elk Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Florin Road Partnership
- Folsom Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin Boulevard Business Association
- Galt Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Arden Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Broadway District
- Handle District
- Indus Valley American Chamber of Commerce
- Mack Road Partnership
- Midtown Business Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Natomas Chamber of Commerce
- North Sacramento Chamber of Commerce
- North State Building Industry Association
- Orangevale Chamber of Commerce
- Power Inn Alliance
- R Street Partnership
- Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento County Business Environmental Resource Center
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber
- Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Valley 8(a) Association
- Slavic-American Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Administration
- Stockton Boulevard Partnership
- Sunrise Marketplace
- The River District
- 80 Watt District