SMUD 59th Street Reuse Project
We’ve released a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the purchase and development of SMUD’s former corporation yard on 59th Street. The 20-acre infill site is in East Sacramento, south of Folsom Boulevard and north of U.S. Highway 50.
We invite developers to submit their qualifications and preliminary proposals to purchase all or portions of the former SMUD Corporation Yard on 59th Street in Sacramento. We’re looking for proposals that are consistent with our objectives, goals and overall vision for the property.
Features, characteristics and amenities should represent our energy and climate goals. Examples include:
- All-electric service
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Energy efficiency
- Water efficiency
- Energy management technology
- Pedestrian and bicycle connectivity
- Establishment of a new urban forest
Responses to this RFQ must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM on November 26, 2019.
The RFQ will be followed by the Request for Proposal (RFP) to a limited number of finalists who responded to the RFQ. To be eligible for the RFQ and consequent RFP, developers must be registered in SMUD's Electronic Bid Solicitation System (EBSS).
If you're a local small business, SMUD's Supplier Education and Economic Development (SEED) Program offers incentives to participate in SMUD's competitive bid process. SEED also helps prime contractors find local sub-contractors, which helps them gain a competitive edge when developing their bids or proposals.
For more information about becoming a certified small business vendor with SMUD, please email SEED.Mgr@smud.org.
Deadline for RFQ submissions
5 PM, November 26, 2019
Informational meeting and site tour
10 AM, October 2, 2019
SMUD representatives will be available to answer questions. Site tours are available following the meeting.
Environmental information meeting
10 AM, October 8, 2019
Site tours are available following the meeting.
Traffic Operations Analysis
- Fehr and Peers - Estimated Trip Generation and Traffic Volumes
- Fehr and Peers - Existing and Future Transportation Conditions
Environmental Constraints Analysis
Biological Constraints Analysis
- Cunningham - Boundary Exhibit (Appendix A)
- Cunningham - Boundary Exhibit 1
- Cunningham - Boundary Exhibit 2
- Cunningham - Existing SMUD Site Plan (Appendix B)
- Cunningham - Existing Civil Utility Exhibit (Appendix C)
- Cunningham - Water Supply Test (Appendix D)
- Cunningham - City of Sacramento Combined Sewer System (Appendix E)
- Cunningham - Water Map (Appendix F)
- Cunningham - Drainage Sewer Map (Appendix G)
- Cunningham - FEMA FIRMS (Appendix H)
- Cunningham - Red Dot Map (Appendix I)
- Cunningham - City Meeting Agenda and Minutes (Appendix J)
- Cunningham - Resolution NO. 2010-622 (Appendix K)
- Cunningham - PGE Gas Map 7356 (Appendix L)
- Cunningham - SMUD Utility Map (Appendix M)
- Cunningham - Due Diligence Report
Environmental Remediation Summary and Reports
- SMUD - 59th St Remediation Summary
- DTSC - Remediation Link
- Entek Consulting - Asbestos Lead and PCB Survey
- Entek Consulting - PCB Survey
- AECOM - PCE in Soil Gas
- AECOM - Arsenic in Soil