SMUD 59th Street Reuse Project
SMUD has been in the East Sacramento neighborhood for many years and intends to remain on our main campus for years to come. With our headquarters remodel completing in 2019, SMUD no longer has a long term need for its former corporation yard on 59th Street.
We are in the process of selecting a developer for the purchase and development of SMUD’s former corporation yard on 59th Street. The 20-acre infill site is in East Sacramento, south of Folsom Boulevard and north of U.S. Highway 50.
SMUD would like to ensure that development of the site is supported by and enhances the vitality of the neighborhood through innovative design, energy efficiency & solutions, and supports SMUD’s legacy as a community owned utility.
Features, characteristics and amenities should represent our energy and climate goals. Examples include:
- All-electric service
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Energy efficiency
- Water efficiency
- Energy management technology
- Pedestrian and bicycle connectivity
- Establishment of a new urban forest
- Market study/ Feasibility
- Community outreach
- Define goals and objectives
- Request for qualifications
- Request for proposals
- Selection of developer
- Exclusive negotiation agreement
- Disposition and development agreement
- Construction begins