Station H substation
The Station H Substation would improve the reliability and capacity of midtown and downtown.
View larger version of map
SMUD is proposing to construct a new substation in Sacramento on the northeast corner 6th Street and H Street in downtown Sacramento. The new Station H Substation would be built in the current location of the Station A Substation yard. The Station A building would remain and would be utilized independent of Station H.
Substations are critical links in the electrical distribution system. Electricity travels through SMUD’s transmission system to substations where it can be converted to a lower voltage before safely being delivered to homes and businesses. The Station H Substation would directly serve the midtown and downtown areas, improving energy reliability and capacity.
The proposed scope of work for Final Construction includes:
- Demolition of existing substation equipment
- Excavation, grading and surfacing
- Construction of concrete foundations
- Underground conduit and grounding
- Steel structures and equipment (transformers, metal clad switchgear, circuit breakers/switchers, switches)
- Electrical buss and wiring
- Testing and commissioning
- Cutover of underground transmission and distribution lines from the existing electrical facilities
SMUD plans to prepare an environmental impact report (EIR) for the project to satisfy the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Public Resources Code [PRC] Section 21000 et seq.) and will serve as the lead agency for CEQA compliance. The purpose of publishing the Draft EIR is to provide sufficient information about the project and its potential environmental impacts to allow agencies and interested parties the opportunity to provide a meaningful response related to the scope and content of the Draft EIR, including mitigation measures that should be considered and alternatives that should be addressed.
- Final Environmental Impact Report
- View the Notice of Availability
- View the Draft Environmental Impact Report<
- View the Notice of Preparation and Comments
- View the Initial Study
When: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Virtual ERCS Meeting
When: Thursday, June 17, 2021, 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Virtual Board Meeting