Small cell site application
Prior to submitting your small cell application power connection, please refer to the following links:
- Electrical service requirements T016
- Construction drawing checklist
- Make ready checklist (if the antenna will be located on SMUD or co-owned pole)
- GIS coordinate verification cheat sheet
- SMUD Civil Review Checklist
- Small cell maximum nameplate AC calculation
- Small cell design review and inspection process
How to apply
- Complete the small cell application online or in person at our East Campus Operations Center (4401 Bradshaw Rd in Sacramento)
- Submit all required documents
- Include a $1,000 connection fee*, which is a required, non-refundable design deposit so we can begin work on your project (There is a $100 fee for each additional strand antenna application. For example, the connection fee for an application with 4 antennas will be $1,300.)
Your entire application package must be received before we can process it. Once received, it'll be routed to several SMUD departments to provide an initial review and to determine if your request is possible at your desired location. When the review is complete, we'll provide a response either approving the initial review, allowing the process to continue forward, or denying the request. If the request is denied, we'll notify you of the reason(s).
Site construction and power connection
After we approve your construction drawings, you'll need to take the approved drawings to the city and apply for your encroachment permit. After construction is completed, the city will need to perform an inspection of the wireless carrier’s electrical work. The inspection tag will be sent to our C-10 desk by the local Authority Having Jurisdiction. Once we receive it, we'll schedule a crew to power the connection.