Bill Pay Your Way
Bill Pay Your Way combines our Custom Due Date and Budget Billing programs, so you can get a set bill amount for four months at a time with the flexibility of a due date range that fits your schedule.
Custom Due Date
Set your payment due date range
Get the flexibility to select a payment due date range that better matches your paydays or scheduled deposits.
How it works
- Select the date range you would like your SMUD payment to be due.
- The date your bill is issued will be adjusted based on your new due date, so you'll have the same amount of time to make your payment as you always have.
- Your exact due date may vary but it will be within your selected range.
Get a set bill amount for 4 months at a time.
Budget Billing allows you to have a set bill amount for four months at a time. You can minimize future changes in your bill amount by managing your usage, especially during the summer months.
How it works
- Your new bill amount is based on an average of your last 12 months of bills or an estimate based on the bill data that’s available.
- We will review your bill every 4 months, comparing your actual usage to the usage you’re paying for.
- Your bill may be adjusted after a 4-month review to be more in line with your actual usage.
- Read full program details.
Budget Billing is currently unavailable to solar customers.
Don't have My Account? Registration is easy