Refrigerator and freezer recycling
That old, inefficient spare fridge or freezer is costing you money...up to $125 a year in energy costs. It's time to pull the plug! We'll pick it up for FREE and you'll get a $75 rebate.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer.
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be plugged in to show it's in working condition.
- Appliance must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- A $75 rebate check will be mailed four to six weeks after we pick up your appliance.
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a first-come, first-served basis or until funding is depleted.
Ready to get started?