LEDs use up to 75% less energy and last up to 35 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs, light up instantly and are dimmable. LEDs are best used in directional lighting applications like task and reading lamps, spotlights and recessed lighting.
Find special SMUD pricing on LEDs at participating local retailers through June 31st, 2019, or until funds are depleted. Participating retailers include: Ace Hardware, Costco, Dollar Tree, Lowe's, Salvation Army, Sam's Club and The Home Depot, with many more coming soon.
Must install an induction cooktop/range measuring 30” or larger. Both standalone cooktops and ranges with built-in induction cooktops are eligible. Electric-to-electric replacements qualify for a $100 rebate.
Gas-to-electric replacements qualify for a $500 rebate. They require a "before" photo of the old gas cooktop/range in place and an "after" photo showing the new induction cooktop/range installed.
Room air conditioner
Clothes washer water rebate
HVAC replacement (central air conditioning and/or heat pump)
Whole house fan
Requirement: Whole house fan must be installed in a residence receiving SMUD electric service and move at least 1,000 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM).
Ductless mini split
Room air conditioner
Home Performance Program
Take a 'whole-house' approach to energy efficiency. With our Home Performance Program, customers upgrade multiple items at the same time and can get up to $8,000 in rebates.
Protect your home
Our HomePower℠ coverage makes sure unexpected electrical repair bills won't ruin your budget.
Unplanned electrical repairs can be costly. We’ve got a plan designed to bring you peace of mind.
HomePower (HPS) will repair or replace common electrical components in your home when they fail due to normal wear and tear. For just $5.95 a month, you'll be covered for:
- up to $500 in electrical repairs (parts and labor) per calendar year
- a 15% discount on services not covered under the program
- repairs made by licensed contractors who warranty their work
- no deductible
You can request service about six weeks after you submit your application and are approved. You will receive information in the mail that will tell you the date on which you may begin using HPS for covered services.
Existing HPS customers can schedule an appointment by calling 1-888-742-7683.
- Labor for the following replacement items provided by the customer:
- Ceiling fan fixture with existing fan rated box
- Lighting fixtures
- Lighting control wall timer
- Bathroom exhaust fan motor
- Repair and/or replacement that have existing wiring in place for the following items:
- Switches/dimmer switches
- GFI breaker & outlets
- Outside outlet cover
- Smoke detectors
- Labor for select non-covered parts; needs approval
- 15% off repairs or labor of replacements not covered; needs approval
- 20% off repairs or labor of replacements for service panel
* Restrictions apply. Review the Customer Service Agreement.
What's NOT covered?
- Replacements for functioning items
- Obsolete parts
- Low voltage systems
- Pre-existing conditions
- Fan & light fixtures; chandeliers
- Items not to code
- Upgrades of existing components
- New branch circuits
- Specialty switches/dimmers
- 3-phase systems
- Security systems/gates
- Wiring for pools/spa equipment
- Damage due to anything other than normal wear & tear
- Remodeling projects
- Knob & tube wiring