Recycle and refresh with SMUD.
Now through May 31st, when you recycle your old inefficient fridge or freezer with SMUD - we'll pick it up for FREE, you'll receive 50 dollars, plus you'll be qualified to win a custom eco-friendly Sleep Refreshed package from European Sleep Design valued at up to $3,400. Now that's refreshing! See the rules.
Official Rules: RECYCLE & REFRESH. Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- General Rules: The name of the promotion governed by these Official Rules is the RECYCLE & REFRESH. ("Sweepstakes"). The Sweepstakes begins March 3, 2014 and closes on May 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to residents of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District ("SMUD") service area and SMUD customers. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Not open to employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, siblings and children) of SMUD, its directors, officers, employees or agents.
- Indemnity: By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify SMUD and each of its directors, officers, employees, or agents, and European Sleep Design and its directors, officers, employees or agents, against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising from either entrant's participation or the receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: SMUD customers that recycle a refrigerator or freezer recycled through SMUD's Refrigerator or Freezer Recycling program between March 3, 2014, and May 31, 2014, will be automatically entered. Those not participating in SMUD's Refrigerator or Freezer Recycling Program may also enter by mailing a 3.5" x 5" postcard to the address given below (hand print your name, age, address - including zip code, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and e-mail address. Mail postcard entries to: RECYCLE & REFRESH. Sweepstakes, Attention: SMUD Marketing, P.O. Box 15830 – M.S. A126, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830. Limit one (1) entry/postcard per household. SMUD is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, undelivered, illegible, or improperly inputted entries.
- Entry Deadline: Refrigerator or freezer units must be scheduled for recycling by 11:59pm Pacific Time on May 31, 2014. Postcard entries must be postmarked by May 31, 2014.
- Random Drawing: On Monday, June 9, 2014, one (1) winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by a representative or designee of SMUD, whose decision with respect to the selection of the potential winners shall be final. Entrants need not be present to win. The potential winner will be notified by telephone on or about June 10, 2014. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: Total value of the European Sleep Design package is valued at up to $3400 and includes a customized mattress and slat system, two Oxygen Pillow's, and one sheet set.:. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local tax, and any expenses associated with the prize including delivery. . Prize expires 12/15/14 No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize is permitted. No cash back will be given.
- Prize Acceptance: All federal state and local laws and regulations apply. Prior to or at the time of delivery of the prize, the potential winner must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility / Prize Acceptance Form / Release of Liability within two (2) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner, unless prohibited by law. Failure to accept delivery of the prize will constitute forfeiture of such prize. If the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or if SMUD is unable to contact a selected winner within a reasonable time period following the winner's selection, the prize will be forfeited and, at SMUD's discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. In consideration of being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, voice, picture, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by SMUD.
- Official Rules / Winners List: SMUD reserves the right to make rule or Sweepstakes changes without notice at any time. The decision of SMUD in the interpretation of, and compliance with, the Official Rules is final. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SMUD, which are final.. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a list of the winner and prize, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: RECYCLE & REFRESH Sweepstakes, Attention: SMUD, P.O. Box 15830 – M.S. A126, Sacramento, CA 95852-1830. Requests must be received by June 30, 2014.
- Tax Information: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- Applicable Laws: This Sweepstakes is subject to the laws of the State of California. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Co-Sponsors' Addresses:
6201 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95817European Sleep Design
6606 Folsom Auburn Rd.,
Folsom CA 95630
Click here to schedule your pick up.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer.
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition.
- Refrigerator/freezer unit must be between 10 and 27 cubic feet.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- A $50 incentive check will be mailed four to six weeks after the appliance collection.
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a
first-come, first-servedbasis or until funding is depleted.
- Click here to download a refrigerator rebate flyer.