Refrigerator and freezer recycling
Recycle that old electricity hog with SMUD.
When you recycle your old inefficient fridge or freezer with SMUD, we'll pick it up for FREE, and you'll receive a 50 dollar rebate.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer.
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition.
- Refrigerator/freezer unit must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- A $50 incentive check will be mailed four to six weeks after the appliance collection.
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a
first-come, first-servedbasis or until funding is depleted.