Recycle that old electricity hog with SMUD.
When you recycle your old inefficient fridge or freezer with SMUD, we'll pick it up for FREE, and you'll receive a 50 dollar rebate.
Click here to schedule your pick up.
By recycling, you'll help conserve resources and prevent contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- You must be a SMUD residential customer.
- Your old refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition.
- Refrigerator/freezer unit must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- Customer must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- A $50 incentive check will be mailed four to six weeks after the appliance collection.
- The program is funded by SMUD and is available on a
first-come, first-servedbasis or until funding is depleted.
- Click here to download a refrigerator rebate flyer.