SMUD's Feed-In Tariff
Under a Feed-In Tariff (FIT), utilities such as SMUD offer standard published rates and contract terms for the purchase of electricity made from renewable energy resources and combined heat-power installations. SMUD's Feed-In Tariff is for eligible renewable energy resources and qualifying combined heat and power installations up to 5 MW.
SMUD No Longer Accepting FIT Applications
Effective August 4, 2010, SMUD has suspended the acceptance of new feed-in-tariff applications.
Current Queue Status
Click here for the current queue status.
Map of Projects
Click here for a map of Feed-in-Tariff projects.
In response to a number of inquiries, and for the purpose of transparency, SMUD is posting the list of applicants in the Feed-In Tariff queue. Click here for the list of FIT applicants.
SMUD's Feed-In Tariff Queue is Full
Thanks to everyone who has submitted proposals for SMUD’s Feed-In Tariff. SMUD has now received enough applications for both the “A” pool and “B” pool to fill our Feed-In Tariff queue. Applications are no longer being accepted.
In the event that an application that currently has a reserved position is dropped, the next application with an unreserved position will be given an opportunity to get the released reserved position.
If you have a project and want to submit a proposal to SMUD, you may do so as an "unsolicited offer," which is a different process than for our Feed-In Tariff. See RFO and Unsolicited Offers if you are interested in submitting an unsolicited offer.
See a SMUD Campus Map here.
Documents related to the Feed-In Tariff are as follows:
- Feed-In Tariff Application (SMUD Form 3259).
- SMUD Generating Facility Interconnection Application (SMUD Form 2655).
- SMUD Feed-In Tariff Procedure (SMUD Rate Policy and Procedure 08-04). This is SMUD’s Rate Procedure for our Feed-In Tariff and has useful information on qualification criteria and how we manage the Feed-In Tariff process. The procedure posted is a final version, but is subject to change.
- SMUD Interconnection Guidelines (SMUD Rate Policy and Procedure 11-01). This is SMUD’s Rate Procedure for generation interconnected to SMUD’s distribution system.
- SMUD’s Feed-In Tariff Rates.
- Standard Form Power Purchase Agreement.
- Standard Form Interconnection Agreement.
- Interconnection Map The map provides indication of locations that are better for interconnection on the SMUD Distribution System.
Have More Questions?
See a list of frequently asked questions here.
SMUD Feed-In Tariff Contact Info
Phone: (916) 732-6244
Workshop Materials from the December 9, 2009 Presentation
For your information we have posted the presentation from a December 9, 2009 workshop held on SMUD’s Feed-In Tariff. Click here to view the presentation.