Today's homebuyer is looking for the perfect combination of comfort, style and affordability. SMUD Smart Homes deliver the right combination of advanced energy efficiency measures and other technologies to help lower electricity bills. These homes not only save you money each month but are also more efficient, more comfortable and can have higher resale values than comparable new homes without these features.
The partnership between SMUD and local builders begins with plan review. We inspect homes as they are constructed to make sure energy saving measures are installed correctly and your home performs as planned. From simple technology like insulation, to advanced solar generation systems (as an option), an independent inspector checks to make sure things are done right.
Typical features of SMUD Smart Homes
- Superior installation of insulation in walls, floors and attics that keeps cool air inside in summer and warm air in winter.
- A high-efficiency air conditioning system that remains efficient even in extreme conditions. You save even on the hottest days.
- Energy-efficient LED and CFL lighting, providing durable, high-quality lighting in multiple spaces in your home.
- ENERGY STAR® appliances.
- Third-party certification and SMUD quality assurance inspections to ensure quality-built homes. You can be confident that the energy efficiency features are properly installed and operating as designed.
- Wi-Fi enabled smart thermostats that allow you to control the temperature of your home remotely while you are away.
- Electric vehicle readiness, so that when you're ready to purchase an electric vehicle, your home will be ready, too.
Find a Smart Home community
SMUD works with innovative local builders to make these homes available in many areas and price ranges. Visit one of these Smart Home communities near you.
- Bardis Homes
- Beazer Homes
- Elliott Homes
- Generation Homes
- Pacific Housing
- Watt Communities