How to become a participating contractor to SMUD customers
If you are a licensed contractor with expertise in energy efficiency upgrades, this program might be for you.
Contractors in our program can provide upgrades to our residential customers’ homes. These customers, in turn, can receive SMUD rebates or financing. They can only receive rebates or financing if the work is done by one of our participating contractors. That’s where you come in.
To be eligible for this program, a contractor must have:
- Active, current contractor’s specialty license for the measures you are requesting to install
- Certificates of insurance indicating acceptable levels of liability, auto, and workmen’s compensation insurance meeting SMUD’s minimum requirements (the insurance requirements are outlined in the downloadable packages below)
- Evidence that your company has been in business two years installing the equipment or product, or evidence of equivalent experience
- Adherence to SMUD’s Contractor Participation Agreement and installation specifications
If you would like to apply to participate in SMUD’s rebate and financing programs, please follow these simple steps:
- Download the appropriate package (from list below)
- Provide the necessary information and documentation asked for in the package
- Mail the package to SMUD at the address below. Because the package forms may contain sensitive personal information such as Social Security numbers, we ask that you not e-mail completed forms to SMUD.
You will be notified when you have been accepted to participate.
Return completed documents to:
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Residential Services Department, MS A203
P. O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-1830