Whether you're adding a solar system or an electric-vehicle charger, building your dream house, an apartment building, high rise, or a sports arena, our Distribution Services group has the staff to assist you with your electric service needs.
This page provides information about SMUD's procedures, application requirements, electric service specifications, as well as an easy and convenient way to check the status of your job(s).
If you don't find what you're looking for here or need any additional assistance, don't hesitate to contact us at 916-732-5700 or send us an e-mail.
Please mail forms to:
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830
4401 Bradshaw Rd.
Sacramento, CA 95827
What you need to get started
In the table below, find the column that applies to your project, read the material, and fill out the appropriate applications. (Note: You may prefer to fill out the forms electronically. Then you can print them and mail us the hard copies.)
Information and forms
|Residential||Subdivision (5 houses or more)||Non-Residential and agriculture|
|Before you apply||Before you apply||Before you apply|
|Residential Development Process||Subdivision Development Process||Non-Residential Development Process|
|Forms to apply||Forms to apply||Forms to apply|
|Application for Meter and Service Work Only||Application for Service||Application for Meter and Service Work Only|
|Application for Service||Application for Service|
Electric Service Requirements
- Customer Owned Vaults – Engineering Specification T001: December 2014
- Residential Overhead – Engineering Specification T002: January 2006
- Residential Underground – Engineering Specification T003: July 2013
- Commercial Industrial – Engineering Specification T004: January 2007
- Customer Owned Service Poles – Engineering Specification T005: January 2006
- Agricultural Pumps – Engineering Specification T006: January 2006
- 69kV Underground Structure – Engineering Specification T008: July 2007
- Transmission 69kV Service – Engineering Specification T010: January 2006
- Antenna Installations on District Facilities – Engineering Specification T012: December ‘06