Could your local organization use some help from us?
We have always been part of the community we serve, and from the very first day of operation we have worked side-by-side with our neighbors to help the Sacramento area thrive.
We are owned by the people we serve, and we never forget that.
We do, however, have very clear guidelines on how we can invest our sponsorship dollars; guidelines that reflect our commitment to serving all our customers in a fiscally responsible way.
We are limited to investing our sponsorship funds in activities that promote the customer benefits of our programs and services or that support economic development in our region. We cannot sponsor political, religious or individual lobbying activities.
SMUD Giving Priorities
We are proud to give back to our community by supporting efforts that improve the quality of life in our region. Through financial support, employee volunteerism and partnerships with our customers and non-profit organizations, we eagerly support causes that make a difference and align with our four key values.
- Economic Development
- Civic Leadership
- Environmental Stewardship
- Supplier Diversity
- Education (focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- Diversity & Culture
- Healthy, Sustainable Communities
Here are examples of the kind of activities we can sponsor:
- Marketing packages associated with events, tradeshows or other community functions such as dinners or luncheons that enable us to reach targeted customers and groups.
- Conferences that allow us to educate customers about specific programs, services and initiatives.
- Partnerships that drive customer participation in SMUD's programs and services.
- Partnerships that supports regional economic development or that attract and retain business.
- Partnerships that supports local small business participation in our SEED program.
Here are examples of entities and activities we cannot support:
- Political or individual lobbying activities.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering. religious doctrine. (Faith-based organizations may be considered if they provide services to all clients regardless of denomination.)
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, or national origin.
- Operating or travel expenses.
- School-affiliated field trips, fundraisers, sports teams, graduations or performing arts events.
- Organizations whose services are not provided in SMUD’s service territory.
- Donations of SMUD electric service for which a fee is normally charged.
How to apply for a SMUD Sponsorship
To apply use our easy online application.
To be considered, all requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the date of the event or activity.
For more information, please contact the SMUD Community Relations Department at email@example.com or call 916-732-6054.
Completed sponsorship applications may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can request an application by mail to:
SMUD Sponsorship Request
c/o Community Engagement
PO Box 15830, Mail Stop A127
Sacramento, CA 95852-0830