Get valuable work experience as you earn your degree
If you attend a local college, we may have a job for you. We're looking for full-time students who can work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. During the summer and academic breaks students can work full-time, when work is available.
Students can apply for one of the following job categories:
- Office Assistant
- Student Staff Assistant
- Engineering Student Assistant
- Graduate Intern
- Assistant Engineer
Who can apply?
If you meet the following criteria, this might be the right opportunity for you:
- Full-time student status
- Grade point average of 2.0 or better each quarter/semester
- Attend a local public college or university (CSU-Sacramento, UC Davis, American River College, Sacramento City College, or Cosumnes River College). If you are not enrolled at a local college but your permanent residence is in SMUD's service area then you can apply for summer work.
- Relatives of SMUD employees cannot be appointed to student positions
- Engineering Student Assistants must be at least a junior in an engineering curriculum
- Assistant Engineers must be in their last quarter/semester before graduation.
- Graduate interns must possess relevant work experience and be in a graduate program.
To see if there are any current student job openings, search now.
SMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.