EV incentive Terms & Conditions
Incentive offer ends December 31, 2020. Application must be submitted within 180 days of vehicle purchase/lease date and prior to January 31, 2021 to receive incentive.
- The incentives described in this application pertain to the purchase or lease of new plug-in electric vehicles only. Pre-owned vehicles are not eligible. Four wheel light duty passenger vehicles only, motorcycles not eligible. The current dollar amount/description of the incentives are shown on the application. Incentive amount and type are subject to change at any time and may be greater or less than the current value posted in the application in the future. A qualified plug-in electric vehicle with a particular VIN can only be assigned one incentive in its lifetime, and only in the amount/type indicated on the application first submitted and approved; therefore, it is up to the applicant to determine when to apply for an incentive, however the complete application package must be submitted within 180 days of date of purchase or lease to be considered. Vehicle must be purchased prior to January 1, 2021 to be eligible. Applications submitted after January 31, 2021 are not eligible for the incentive.
- The vehicle purchased/leased must be DMV registered at the residence listed on the application with an active meter receiving SMUD electric service. Vehicle must be new plug-in electric vehicle, first time sale or lease.
- SMUD expressly reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate the program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason without prior notice. Call 1-888-742-SMUD (7683) to obtain current rebate program information.
- The complete incentive application package must be submitted within 180 days of the date of EV purchase/lease to be eligible for incentive. Vehicle must be purchased prior to January 1, 2021 to be eligible. Applications submitted after January 31, 2021 are not eligible for the incentive. An application package is considered complete only when all required documents clearly demonstrating eligibility is received by SMUD. If a complete application package, or any part thereof, is not submitted within 180 days of purchase/lease date or vehicle is purchased/leased after December 31, 2020, the application will be considered ineligible. Applications will not be accepted after January 31, 2021.
- The incentive payment/delivery shall go directly to the customer of record (Incentive Check Payable To) listed on the application. Payment/delivery cannot be assigned or transferred.
- Customer agrees that SMUD reserves the right to request additional documentation prior to incentive payment. Incentive may be denied by SMUD if this condition is not met by customer.
- Disclaimer of Warranties : SMUD makes no representations, expressed or implied, regarding the design, construction, reliability, efficiency, performance, operation, maintenance, or use of any vehicle, discussed, selected, rejected, purchased/ leased or otherwise considered by customer. Any decisions regarding the selection, design, purchase/lease, use and operation of any vehicle shall be at the sole discretion and are the sole responsibility of the customer. SMUD does not guarantee energy or bill savings as a result of this incentive.
- Customer/Purchaser shall indemnify , defend, and hold harmless SMUD, its directors, officers, agents, and employees against all claims, loss, damage, expense, and liability asserted or incurred by other parties, including but not limited to SMUD’s employees, agents, or suppliers arising out of or in any way connected with this incentive payment and caused by the acts, omissions, intent or negligence, whether active or passive, of customer, its agents, employees, and suppliers, and excepting only such loss, damage, or liability as may be caused by the intentional act or the sole negligence of SMUD.