Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions:
SolarShares participation terms
- Participation is effective upon enrollment completion and shall continue until terminated by either party. The customer’s SolarShares Allocation will be applied to customer’s account within 60 days of enrollment.
- Customer Termination: If the customer wishes to terminate participation it is the customer’s responsibility to provide a request to terminate in writing, or via phone call and allow SMUD 60 days to process the request.
- SMUD Termination: If SMUD closes the SolarShares program, the customer’s SolarShares allocation is no longer available, or customer has behind-the-meter generation, SMUD will provide written notification at least 60 days prior to termination of customer’s participation.
- There is no penalty or fee for termination.
- Behind the meter generation and/or Net Energy Metered customers are not eligible for participation in the SolarShares program. Participants may not install net energy metered (solar) during the life of their participation.
- The customer agrees to pay the SolarShares charges for the term of participation and will receive bill credits associated with the customer’s SolarShares Allocation based on the guaranteed generation forecast outlined below.
SolarShares Generation (kilowatt-hours per kilowatt)
- Participants monthly SolarShares Charge will be based on the SolarShares Allocation, and shall be applied to monthly bills at a rate of $23.51 per kilowatt.
- Participants SolarShares Credits will be based on the number of kW times the monthly allocation amounts from the above chart and the retail value of the solar production in applicable rate category.
- Participants can move and/or change their SolarShares Allocation without incurring any costs or charges, subject to availability by SMUD.
- SMUD will retire renewable energy credits (RECs) on customer’s behalf, conveying all environmental and renewable energy attributes to participants.
- Terms and conditions of participation, at all times, are subject to SMUD’s Rules and Regulations, as amended from time to time.
- Customer must meet all the following participation and eligibility requirements:
- Customer must not be Net Energy Metered (or have any behind the meter generation) and may not install such systems during the life of their participation.
- Customer must have a single-metered, single-phase residential account that meets SMUD’s electrical metering specification.
- Customer must be current on their account at the time of enrollment.
- SMUD makes no warranties, implied or expressed, written or oral, with respect to the goods and services provided under these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- All written communications or notices under this agreement shall be directed to: Sacramento Municipal Utility District, P.O. Box 15830, Sacramento, CA 95852 Attention: SolarShares MS A203
- SMUD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend the terms and conditions of this program. SMUD will notify Customer in writing of the amendment, which will become effective as of the amendment effective date stated in the notice.
- If Customer objects to the amendment, Customer may terminate program participation by giving written notice to SMUD within 30 days of the effective date of the amendment.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted, governed by, and construed under the laws of the State of California, as if executed and to be performed wholly within the State of California.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire understanding between the Parties as to the subject matter hereof.