Business Energy Loans
Let us help you invest in energy efficiency for your business with SMUD financing
Customers investing in energy efficiency upgrades for lighting, HVAC systems, refrigeration systems, or process improvement equipment are eligible for SMUD financing up to $10,000 (higher loan amounts are considered on a case-by-case basis).
As of November 1, 2021, SMUD will no longer offer financing on energy efficiency upgrade projects. We’re exploring alternative financing options with third-party partners and will share that information as it becomes available. Thank you for continuing to support SMUD’s rebates and our goal to be 100% carbon-free by 2030.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be the owner of the property where products will be installed
- Businesses including multifamily complexes of 5 or more individually metered units billed under our residential rates may qualify
- Business tenants who are responsible for the electric account on their portion of the property
- The installation property must have an active, connected account with SMUD
- Equipment must be on our eligibility list and installed by a licensed electrical or HVAC contractor
- Applicants must be pre-approved prior to commencement of work
How it Works
- Secured financing at a fixed rate of 6.99%
- Application fee of $100 per loan. If we decline the application, we’ll return this fee
- Most loans are for a term not exceeding 10 years or:
- The remaining term of any senior lien
- For tenants, six months less than the remaining term on the property lease agreement
- Products must be installed within 180 days of loan approval
- Additional conditions apply